Thread: What an Asshole #34 Nancy Pelosi

What an Asshole #34 Nancy Pelosi

Nancy Pelosi begs us not to ruin her dignity by cutting her paycheck

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi is speaking out against a cut in congressional pay because she says it will undermine the dignity of their positions. "I think we should respect the work we do," Pelosi said. "I think it's necessary for us to have the dignity of the job that we have rewarded." ("Dignity" is apparently a synonym for "fat paycheck.") Pelosi, whose husband, Paul, is a legit real-estate mogul, was quick to add that slicing her own paycheck wouldn’t "mean as much" as those senators who struggle to make ends meet on $174,000 per year. "We are obviously contemplating a sequester," Maryland Rep. Steny Hoyer (D) said. "Obviously we are going to take a cut, like everybody else." [Source]

http://m.now.msn.com/nancy-pelosi-sa...dignity-of-job

Did someone prank MSN? It is getting so hard to tell. Ya might expect a little discrecion in these times instead of channelling Marie Antoinette.
    Social relationships have their inherent logic; as long as people live in given mutual relationships they will feel, think and act in a given way, and no other. Attempts on the part of public men to combat this logic also would be fruitless; the natural course of things (this logic of social relationships) would reduce all his effort to nought. But if I know in what direction social relations are changing owing to given changes in the social-economic process of production, I also know in what direction social mentality is changing; consequently, I am able to influence it. Influencing social mentality means influencing historical events. Hence, in a certain sense, I can make history, and there is no need for me to wait while "it is being made."

God, what a piece of shit. Her "dignity"? Her what? She can't be so tin-eared and callous as to actually say this at a time when every worker's paychecks have been deteriorating for the last thirty years. Her dignity...her fucking dignity...
    "In its essence, dialectics is the direct opposite of metaphysics." J. V. Stalin, 1938

Blog Entries
    Work? Have they actually done anything? I saw this story today about the POTUS pressing Congress for a stopgap spending agreement: http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...e3d_story.html. They should fire every member of Congress on day one of that sequester. Ms. "Impeachment is off the table" should be the first to go.

Quote Originally Posted by TBF View Post
    Work? Have they actually done anything? I saw this story today about the POTUS pressing Congress for a stopgap spending agreement: http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...e3d_story.html. They should fire every member of Congress on day one of that sequester. Ms. "Impeachment is off the table" should be the first to go.
    Ah Grasshopper, you do not understand the way of the Sao like these Adepts. In inaction there is action, and vicey-versy. They accomplish their intent by inaction, preserving their vital energies for glad handing, demagoguery, payola and junkets. This is the way of the Sao.
    Social relationships have their inherent logic; as long as people live in given mutual relationships they will feel, think and act in a given way, and no other. Attempts on the part of public men to combat this logic also would be fruitless; the natural course of things (this logic of social relationships) would reduce all his effort to nought. But if I know in what direction social relations are changing owing to given changes in the social-economic process of production, I also know in what direction social mentality is changing; consequently, I am able to influence it. Influencing social mentality means influencing historical events. Hence, in a certain sense, I can make history, and there is no need for me to wait while "it is being made."

Quote Originally Posted by TBF View Post
    Why should "they" fire their best employees? Austerity has been ordered, the only thing these factotums have erred on is dragging their feet in implementing it. It seems that the congress persons want a little "cover" with the voters...for some reason...

Austerity is coming in the USA just as it came (and continues to come) in the "less fortunate" parts of the EU (PIIGS), this is how it gets done, here - with kabuki. This will be how Obama (who everyone voted for because, hey, he is better than Romney!) will fuck over the under class, here. And if you don't like it, you will be call "immature" or "pie-in-the-sky" or whatever it is they call folks who chaff, these days, at the "trends" in this society.

That pig in blindpig's post should feel insulted...
    "In its essence, dialectics is the direct opposite of metaphysics." J. V. Stalin, 1938

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhalgren View Post
    Austerity is coming in the USA just as it came (and continues to come) in the "less fortunate" parts of the EU (PIIGS), this is how it gets done, here - with kabuki. This will be how Obama (who everyone voted for because, hey, he is better than Romney!) will fuck over the under class, here. And if you don't like it, you will be call "immature" or "pie-in-the-sky" or whatever it is they call folks who chaff, these days, at the "trends" in this society.
    Yes if you define "under class" as the bottom 90% or so. It is something else to watch this.